Today Xiaomi released two Notebook PCs. And surprisingly it’s a pretty good rig. The price to spec ratio is what I am impressed with. Mi Notebook Air 13.3” and Mi Notebook Air 12.5”. Yes, it sounds like MacBook and looks almost the same at a glance.
The strange thing that I noticed is the lacking of any sort of logo or branding on the rear side. But there is a Mi branding at the bottom of the screen. Mi Notebook Air 13.3” comes with a light golden metal finish and Mi Notebook Air 12.5” is silver coloured.
Mi Notebook Air 13.3”
The Mi Notebook Air 13.3” is the $750 variant with the highest spec Notebook in comparison with the other one. It got a 6th gen Intel Core i5 processor and 8GB memory. What impressive is that it got a 1080p display with only 5.59mm thick bezel. Rest of the specs are listed below.
- Intel Core i5 processor
- 8GB next-generation DDR4 RAM
- Expandable 256GB PCIe SSD
- NVIDIA GeForce 940MX high-performance dedicated graphics card
- Lightweight, full-metal body
- 9.5 hours extended battery life, supports 1C quick charging, can be charged to 50% in just 30 minutes
- 5.59mm ultra-thin bezel
- Fully laminated, 1080p FHD display with edge-to-edge glass protection
- Ultra-thin, individually backlit, full-sized keyboard
- Full set of connectors: HDMI, USB 3.0 x 2, 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C
- 13.3” display, 309.6mm x 210.9mm x 14.8mm; 1.28kg
Mi Notebook Air 12.5”
It’s the $525 Notebook from Xiaomi. It’s comparatively smaller in size and specs with the 13.3″ one. Still, it’s equipped with a full HD screen with glass protection. Implies more DPI in comparison. Rest of the specs are listed below.
- Intel Core M3 processor
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB SATA SSD, expandable SSD slot
- 1080p FHD screen, edge-to-edge protective glass
- Full metal body. Only weighs 1.07kg
- 11.5-hour battery
- AKG custom dual speakers, Dolby digital surround sound
- Sized like a magazine, just 12.9mm thin
If you want to buy of these Notebooks, the bad news is that Xiaomi will only officially sell the Mi Notebook Air in China. Sale starts on August 2 and will retail for 4,999 yuan (about $750, £570 and AU$1,000) and 3,499 yuan ($525, £400 and AU$725) respectively.
Source: MIUI Forum