Hey guys, Today I got something different! It’s a tutorial on how you can play Counter Strike 1.6 on an Android device. It’s different because the game files going to use is the exact files from PC version of this game.
What we are actually doing is, we are gathering Counter Strike 1.6 PC version files (eg: game audio, game objects) and using a different engine (Xash3D) to make it playable on Android device. Hence, you need Counter Strike 1.6 installed on your PC. It doesn’t matter if it’s a legal copy or not. It’s pretty simple to do, so let’s get into it.
Things you need
- Counter Strike 1.6 installed on PC.
- An Android device.
- Xash3D Android app.
- CS 1.6 Client Android app. There will be two APK files choose one of it according to your device.
Download cs16-client-release-noomp.apk if you have a single-core chipset.
Download cs16-client-release-omp.apk if you have a multicore chipset.
- I hope you have already got the things listed above. On your PC create a folder on the Desktop, and name it xash.
- Copy both the APK files you have downloaded (Xash3D and CS 1.6 client).
- Go to Counter Strike installation directory. You will only need two folders inside the same. Ie, cstrike & valve. Copy both these folders into the xash folder you have created.
- In the end, the xash folder will look something similar to this.
- Now you need the folder xash in your Android device. Therefore, connect the device to PC and copy xash folder into the internal memory.
- Now Install each of theses Apps into your Android device (CS 1.6 client & Xash3D) by tapping on it and granting permissions.
- That’s it! you have installed Counter Strike 1.6 PC version on your Android device. To open it, start CS 1.6 client. Tap on LAUNCH CS16-CLIENT and the game gets opened!
- You will be able to play multiplayer through the Internet as well as via LAN.
- While playing through the internet, your opponents will be using PC. So you will find it hard to compete 😛 But still playing with friends via LAN would be fun. Is it the Mini-Militia killer? 😀
I hope you guys have done this successfully. If you have any comments or queries, leave it in the comment section below. Share it with your friends and have fun 😉