Hello, folks. This tutorial is going to teach you how to play Call of Duty 4 (MW) on an LAN server. Since you are playing COD on a local server you will not need to have the latest version. You will need to install the same version of COD in each PC so that you will not get any warning. Also, the particular setup must have a Multiplayer support. While setting up a game server you may customize the no. of player allowed, stage, minimum/maximum ping (no need to care on an LAN server), password to connect etc.
- It is important that the PCs must be on the same network.
- The game version on each PC must be the same.
- Particular game must support Multiplayer.
- Game must be allowed through the firewall.
- Install Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare.
- Open the Multiplayer version of game ie, iw3mp.exe
- Open the Options >> Multiplayer Options…
- Select Enter Key Code and enter a multiplayer key. Then press Verify.
- After entering the key, go back to the main menu and select Start New Server.
- Setup the new game server. The Highlighted options should be the same for you too.
- Select the stage for the game and hit start.
- After pressing start, the game will automatically close and coD4 Console will be opened.
- (You may Skip this Step) In the console enter the following command to create a password for the server.
rcon_password is used to control the game server remotely (Not necessary in an LAN server). I am assigning the password to pw.
- Now your computer is acting as a Call of Duty game server. Now you may be able to play the game using any PC in the same network.
- To connect to the server open the Multiplayer game.
- Select Join Game.
- Now you will be able to see the Game server in the list. To play inside the server just press Join Server.
- After the game loads quickly. Just select your team and you are good to go 😉
- Now you got a clear idea to start a COD4 game server on your PC. If you need to stop the server just close the coD4 Console.
Thank you 😀